Vancouver, British Columbia V6H 1A6
I am a Collaborative family lawyer and accredited family law mediator. I am here to help you deal with your sensitive legal matters, assisting your family to find solutions that work in the best interest of all parties involved.
The approach I take to resolving conflicts is probably quite different from the stereotypical image you might have of a lawyer. I chose to go to study law with the sole purpose of practicing Collaborative divorce and family law mediation. I knew that I wanted to practice family law outside of the traditional court model. I had no interest in spending years in the trenches of litigation. When I first started practicing law, I went to court and have experience in both Provincial and Supreme Court hearings and trials.
For over 8 years, I have only been assisting clients to find out of court resolutions. I work primarily using the Collaborative Process approach to help families deal with and resolve conflict, as well as mediation.
Am I the right family lawyer for you?
• If you care about preserving family relationships and not just how much you can 'gain'.
• If you don’t believe in manipulation and coercion as negotiation tactics and prefer a diplomatic approach.
• If you want someone who will help you voice your concerns and needs without losing sight of the bigger picture.
• If you want caring and compassionate legal counsel who works with integrity.
I believe in changing the way that we normally deal with and approach conflict. I believe in a more enlightened form of problem solving. I not only want to help my clients find creative solutions, but create the opportunity to grow as individuals in the process. I’m here to offer the tools and assistance to help you and your family solve problems and make the best decisions for all of you.
I help families deal with situations such as…
• Divorce and common-law separation
• Post-separation parenting arrangements
• Asset and property division
• Child and spousal support matters.
• Drafting and negotiating Separation Agreements, Prenuptial Agreements and Cohabitation Agreements.
With the right process, the problems we face can actually become the building blocks for a happy future. If this sounds like the kind of approach that you’ve been looking for in a family lawyer, please contact me to talk about how I can help you with your family legal matters.
Professional Activities• Board Member - BC Collaborative Roster Society • Member - Vancouver Collaborative Divorce Association • Member – International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (IACP) • Member - Law Society of British Columbia
BA (Honours) in Psychology, Queen's University
LLB, University of British Columbia