Frequently Asked Forum Questions:
We’ve heard you may have some questions about both our live and virtual Forum. IACP created this Forum FAQ page to give you some clarity, but you can always reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you still have questions.
Programming & Registration:
- What’s the difference between IACP’s live 22nd Annual Forum: Lighting the Way Together and virtual program, Beacon When We’re Apart? This October 28-31, 2021, the Collaborative community will convene in San Diego, CA for the largest and most preeminent gathering of Collaborative and family dispute resolution professionals at IACP’s 22nd Annual Forum: Lighting the Way Together. We invite YOU to participate in our 8 Pre-Forum Institutes, 29 in-person workshops, 9 virtual workshops, Saturday night party, networking, socializing on the marina, and so much more! This is an exclusive opportunity to learn from world-class trainers, listen to internationally-renowned plenary speakers, learn from peers from other places, and build life-long friendships with like-minded colleagues. We work hard and we play hard, and this year in particular we have a lot of catching up to do! Check out IACP’s Forum workshop descriptions & social events to see what exciting skills-building and networking opportunities we have to offer! Don’t forget, your live Forum registration includes access to all virtual Forum activities. A space will be provided at Forum for attendees to watch virtual Forum offerings together or you can enjoy from the comfort of your hotel room. Virtual Forum presentations will be recorded and accessible to all registrants after the event.
Sadly, we also know that some members will be unable to travel to San Diego, CA. For those who would like to participate in Forum from the comfort of your home or local Collaborative communities, we are pleased to announce our virtual program, Beacon When We’re Apart. Beacon When We’re Apart brings a taste of IACP's 22nd Annual Forum: Lighting the Way Together to you, including select workshops, networking, and socializing alongside your virtual and in-person peers. You will also receive access to recordings of all workshops and plenaries.
Whether you’re attending in person or virtually, as a participant of the world’s largest gathering of Collaborative and family dispute resolution professionals, Forum attendees will be influential in shaping the legacy of Collaborative Practice. Attendees will be a part of all the latest dialogues, skills building, and networks that will light the way for the future of Collaborative practice.
- Where can I find PFI, workshop, and event descriptions for IACP’s live and virtual Forum programs?
- How do I register for IACP’s in-person 22nd Annual Forum: Lighting the Way Together? Both IACP members and nonmembers who would like to register for our in-person Forum in San Diego, CA, please visit this link to review and register. For further help on how to register for Forum, watch this walkthrough video to help you through the process of registering and choosing from our many workshops and social events at IACP’s 22nd Annual Forum: Lighting the Way Together. To receive discounted member pricing, IACP members must be logged in at checkout. Note, this video shows member pricing, but nonmembers can join IACP and save $195 off their Forum ticket! To become an IACP member, follow this link.
- What if I purchased my ticket to the 22nd Annual Forum: Lighting the Way Together and am no longer able to attend in person? To respond to the evolving realities of our diverse membership and to assist our attendees with planning, for registrants of IACP’s 22nd Annual Forum: Lighting the Way Together who are no longer able to attend in person, IACP will offer the flexible option to request a full refund (minus a small administrative fee of US $50.00) or consider making a donation of all registration or event fees to IACP if your plans should change for any reason until October 27, 2021 at 5:00pm PDT. Check your local time zone here.
However, if your plans change, IACP highly recommends that you transfer your live Forum ticket into a virtual Beacon When We’re Apart ticket and receive a refund of the difference. This way, you will still be able to participate in select workshops and learning opportunities, networking, and social events, such as our Saturday night party!
Requests must be sent to email@example.com by 5:00 PM PDT, Wednesday, October 27, 2021. Please note that hotel reservations and travel expenses are the responsibility of the attendee. The conference hotel’s cancellation policy is listed on your reservation receipt.
- How do I register for IACP’s virtual Forum, Beacon When We’re Apart?Both IACP members and nonmembers who would like to register for our virtual Forum program, please visit this link to review and register our professional development and social offerings. To receive discounted member pricing, IACP members must be logged in at check out
- Why does the virtual program, Beacon When We’re Apart, have two different ticket options? To accommodate our virtual attendees, we have two different virtual ticket options that allow you to experience our virtual program differently:
- Active IACP members pay US $245.00, and non-members pay US $295.00, for an individual virtual ticket, valid for a one-person login, not to be shared. This includes virtual attendance to select workshops, networking, and socializing events alongside your virtual and in-person peers.
- Alternatively, for US $750.00, you can purchase a group pass to all our virtual programming, licensing your practice group or organization one login to our virtual platform, that can be watched together by multiple people in the same location. Your group pass also includes group access to all recordings of our online program. The purpose of our Group pass is to enable people who can’t attend Forum in person to gather within their local Collaborative communities and host watch parties of IACP’s virtual workshops and networking events.
What is a watch party? It's a community meetup where you can invite fellow Collaborative Professionals to one location and all watch, attend workshops, and engage virtually with not only fellow virtual attendees, but also with those attending Forum in person in San Diego. Do you think hosting a watch party is too difficult? Think again! Thankfully, members of our Outreach Committee made this helpful how-to video on how to plan and host an epic watch party in your local Collaborative communities!
If you want to host a watch party, but the group ticket price seems unrealistic given your group’s size or circumstances, please reach out to our Executive Director, Anne Tamar-Mattis, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I view or change my Forum schedule? To make sure YOU are making the most of your time at Forum, you can view or make changes to your workshop and event sections in person and virtual Forum by watching this helpful and easy walkthrough video.
- What Continuing Education credits are available? IACP is working with out volunteer CEU/CLE committee to secure Continueing Education credits for this year's Forum, applicable to legal, mental health, and financial professionals. Below you will find the list of Continuing Education credits that IACP has applied for and are confirmed or pending by profession:
- Legal: Continuing Legal credits pending in California, Florida, Washington, Iowa, Oregon, Oklahoma, and Ontario.
- Mental Health: Approved for credits by the California Psychological Association.
- Financial Professionals: Approved for credits by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc.
We will release an evolving Certificate of Attendance and credits as they are confirmed. If you don’t see your jurisdiction listed, you may be able to self-submit for credit, or receive reciprocal credits if your jurisdiction recognizes one of the ones listed. Every year our hard-working volunteer committee adds more jurisdictions to the list, and you are welcome to join next year if you would like to expand this effort!
- Does IACP offer student rates to attend Forum? Yes! IACP offers special discounted pricing for students to attend IACP’s 22nd Annual Forum: Lighting the Way Together. Student IACP members can save US $395.00 at checkout! To receive this discount, you must have a student IACP membership and be logged into your account when registering for our in-person Forum. We believe enabling students with the skills and networks to thrive is a fundamental way IACP works to make Collaborative Practice sustainable. If you’re a student, make the most of our discount, or make sure to share this info with a student who may be interested! Forum will be a great place for professional development and networking!
- What are sponsored educational workshops? Our Sponsored Educational Workshops are additional, free onsite educational programs offered by our valued sponsors on Friday, October 29, from 11:30-3 pm. All workshops have been submitted for California CLE credit, and other credits may be available. Plan to arrive early, show your appreciation for our sponsors, and earn some additional CLEs! These free workshops do not require Forum registration, so feel free to invite your colleagues or travel companions. Check them out here.
Hotel & San Diego:
- What health and safety requirements will IACP abide by? IACP is actively monitoring COVID-19 health and safety regulations in California. After careful review of Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines and recommendations for large events, IACP’s 22nd Annual Forum: Lighting the Way Together will take place as planned with thoughtful health measures in place to ensure the safest possible outcome for attendees. Most notably, we request that only fully vaccinated people attend our 22nd Annual Forum: Lighting the Way Together and we will request all attendees, regardless of vaccination status, wear masks in all public indoor spaces at Forum, except while eating, drinking, or speaking from the stage.
For a full list of the health and safety measures that you should expect at our live Forum, hotel protocols, and for resources on how to monitor this evolving health situation and how it might impact your travel to San Diego, CA, visit our new Forum Health & Safety Page
- What’s offered in my hotel room booking? When is the deadline to secure my hotel booking? An immersive part of 22nd Annual Forum: Lighting the Way Together is that all attendees will be staying under the same roof at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina. This means networking on the marina, watching sunsets from your private balcony, and proximity to downtown destinations and local attractions. Imagine kicking back with your peers and relaxing by the campfire after a day of eventful workshops, dynamic speakers, and building connections with diverse Collaborative Professionals!
IACP has managed to secure discounted rates for October 28th, 2021 through October 31st, 2021, so don’t miss out! Book your Forum hotel room today at special, discounted rates, available on an exclusive basis. Our special hotel rates end October 4th. Secure your hotel room before your special rate runs out!
Click here to learn more about hotel accommodations and amenities. Click here to see what to expect during your stay at Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina, given safety requirements. Please note, activities and parking are not included in your Forum hotel booking, you will have to pay additional fees for these services.
- What is there to do in San Diego? Can my family/friends join me? Did you know Forbes calls San Diego, CA, the location of IACP’s 22nd Annual Forum, “One of America’s Coolest Cities?” According to locals, San Diego, CA, is where good vibes and awesomeness shine day and night! From adventures on water or land, coastal caves and beautiful beaches, giant zoos and aquariums, Legoland, Balboa Park, Old Town attractions, exciting arts and nightlife, diverse restaurants, and so much more, San Diego has something for every interest and member of your family or friend group! The IACP team highly recommends YOU make the most of your ticket to Forum, and explore San Diego before, during, and after Forum!
Plan your trip and explore local attractions using this link: https://www.sandiego.org/explore/things-to-do.aspx
Need more ideas on how to enjoy San Diego to the fullest? Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-nW8DwmajE
For Newcomers To Collaborative Practice Or First Time Forum Attendees:
- I am not trained in Collaborative Practice; can I still attend Forum? Whether you're looking for your first Collaborative Practice Training or would benefit from a refresher, IACP will host a Introductory Interdisciplinary Collaborative Practice Training this Oct 28 & 29, in San Diego, CA, prior to Forum, to help YOU get started as a Collaborative professional. After completing your basic training, we highly recommend that you ALSO register and stay with us in San Diego for our 22nd Annual Forum: Lighting the Way Together until October 31st. Attending Forum as a newcomer to Collaborative Practice will enable YOU to start your Collaborative journey having built important networks, participated in the latest dialogues & skills building, and gained the visibility YOU need to put your best foot forward as a Collaborative Professional. Please note, our 2021 Forum Introductory Interdisciplinary Collaborative Practice Training and 22nd Annual Forum are two separate events and require two separate registrations to attend both events.
- What if I'm new to the community and don't know anyone at Forum? At IACP, we truly believe that as a Collaborative community, we are stronger TOGETHER! Therefore, we are committed to creating inclusive and accessible spaces for new, developing, and experienced Collaborative and family dispute professionals to converge, converse, and learn from one another.
In preparation for Forum, IACP’s Equity and Inclusion Committee will host a virtual Forum IDEAS Gathering event over Zoom on September 27 at 9:00 am PDT (check your local time zone here. Join fellow Collaborative Professionals and Forum attendees, in a discussion about the impact of health disparities, cultural differences, and safety/risk assessments among us to enhance our relationships and connections at Forum. This will be a great way to meet your peers and build connections prior to Forum in October!
At the beginning of IACP’s live 22nd Annual Forum: Lighting the Way Together, on Friday afternoon, IACP’S Membership and Outreach Committee will also host a Welcome Inn event. This interactive event enables attendees to meet other Collaborative colleagues and talk about Collaborative Practice.
Throughout Forum’s dynamic workshops and networking events, you are bound to meet new people. Ask any experienced Forum Attendee, as a Collaborative community we work hard, and we play hard! This is a welcoming community, so introduce yourself to someone new, join a conversation or a table, and leave with life-long friends. While Forum offers many unique opportunities to meet like-minded professionals during our educational offerings, we also make time for other socializing and community building during downtime between events, at welcome receptions, around our shared hotel, and most famously, at our Saturday night party!