The panel of Ontario-based family lawyers and financial family law professionals will be sharing their insights on the nuances of navigating family law matters with high-profile and high-net-worth clients.
The panelists will be covering the following topics:
1. The need for privacy & security
2. Obtaining disclosure
• Importance of Quality Record Keeping
• Income assessments & business valuations
• Uncooperative directors & shareholders
3. Small, medium & large size business
• Keeping funds in the business – income and support implications
• Family trust considerations
• Complex organizational structures
4. The role of adult children & the Greek Chorus
5. Advantages & Disadvantages of Process Options:
• Closed mediation – ADR
• Collaborative Divorce
• Saving the Golden Goose
6. Dividing Assets
• Corporate restructuring
• Delayed Equalization Payments
• Market Conditions
• Gross ups – Using the family business to your disadvantage
7. Tax planning & advice
8. Spousal Support
• Incomes over $350,000
• Rule of 65
• Consideration of Large capital equalization
9. New Partners: Support considerations and Estaand Estate / Legacy Planning
10. Famous or Infamous!
There will also be a dedicated Q&A segment as part of the presentation. The panelists invite our audience members to send in their questions in advance with their registration and they will do their best to address the question.
Registration is complimentary and all are welcome. Registrants will receive an email via Zoom upon registration with their login details for the event.
To respect confidentiality, all attendees’ identities will remain anonymous to other audience members.
Attendees who provide their feedback to our team will receive a complimentary advanced copy of Russell Alexander's e-book following the webinar.
*Please note that all of the content provided in the presentations is intended to provide general information and should not be construed as legal advice.