When: February 7, 2020 9AM to 4:30 PM PST to February 8, 2020 9AM to 4:30 PM PST.
Location: Pacific Mediation Center. 11455 El Camino Real, San Diego, CA 92130
Registration: $975 (IACP Member & early bird discounts available below)
This two-day workshop provides a practical model for implementing client-centered collaborative strategies into your profession. You will learn new ways to represent clients well while staying out of court and explore the personal and ethical dimensions of collaborative problem-solving. Interdisciplinary practitioners will benefit from this training, including lawyers, mediators, mental health professionals, paralegals, and financial professionals.
Day 1 - Friday, February 7, 2020 - 9:00 am to 4:30 pm PST
- Get What You Want out of Your Practice
- Make a Living While Staying out of Court
- Improve Client Satisfaction with Peacemaking Negotiation Strategies
- Increase Opportunities for Collaborative Problem Solving
- Enhance Your Commitment to Excellence
- How to Be Client-Centered in a Legal World
- Develop a Consumer-Oriented Approach to Your Practice
- Translate Effective Initial Consultations into Successful Collaborative Outcomes
- Address Top Difficulty Factors Affecting the Success of Your Cases
- Strategies for Promoting Peacemaking in Negotiation
- Collaborate, Cooperate, and Unbundle to Help Clients Stay out of Court
- Improve Case Outcomes by Moving from Debate to Dialogue
- Learn Creative Approaches to Advocacy that Get Clients Great Results
- Increase Successful Outcomes by Using Interdisciplinary Collaborative Expertise
Day 2 - Saturday, February 8, 2020 - 9:00 am to 4:30 pm PST
- The Ethics of Collaboration
- Effective use of the Uniform Collaborative Law Act
- Informed Consent of Client’s Process Choice
- Responsible Use of Limited Scope Representation
- How to Make a Living as Peacemaker
- Create a Vision for Your Peacemaking Practice
- Implement Business Planning Tools
- Transform Your Practice Consistent with Your Values
- Increase Profitability and Personal Satisfaction
- Attendance is limited to 35 registrants
- $100 early bird discounts available for those who register by January 7, 2020
- Active IACP members receive an additional $100 discount
- Practice Groups who register three or more members at the same time will receive a $100 per person discount (contact IACP at info@collaborativepractice or 480-719-5044 ext. 101)
- Lodging and travel accommodations are NOT included in the registration
- This class is a prerequisite for our May 22-23 "Training for Trainers" course
The tentative location for the training is:
Pacific Mediation Center
11455 El Camino Real
San Diego, CA 92130
Should registrations exceed the space, all registrants will be notified of the updated training location.
Forrest "Woody" Mosten, Ron Ousky, Nancy Heitrick, & Gary Direnfeld
Registration is $975* with a $100 Early Bird discount for those who register more than 30 days in advance.
Active IACP members receive an additional $100 discount.
If you are interested in registering 3 or more members of your Practice Group, please contact the IACP office at info@collaborativepractice or 480-719-5044 ext 101. Practice Groups who register 3 or more members at the same time, will receive an additional $100 discount per person.
*Please note lodging and travel accomodations are NOT included in the registration and are the responsibility of the registrant.