In this 1-hour live virtual event, Ontario family lawyers, Russell Alexander and Golan Yaron, along with Jonathan Paynter, a collaborative family law professional specializing in social work, psychotherapy and family mediation, will be discussing the 'Voice of the Child' as it applies to Ontario family law proceedings.
The panelists will be discussing the following topics:
1. What is a Voice of the Child report (VOC)
- legislation, purpose
2. When: before or during court, anytime
3. Who prepares the VOC report
- qualifications & training
4. Private vs OCL, Judicial interviews
5. The How
- Where are interviews conducted
- How many
- How is the report delivered? Oral vs written
6. Weight: treatment by counsel, parents and Judges
7. Screening: Alienation and other influences
8. The Child’s Right to Counsel
9. Challenging VOC reports
10. Case Law
Attendees will have the opportunity to submit their questions to the panelists. The panelists will reserve time for a dedicated Q&A segment at the end of the presentation.
Registration is complimentary. Reserve your spot now as spaces are limited.
* To respect confidentiality, all attendees' identities will remain anonymous to other audience members.
Those who attend a live virtual event and provide feedback to our team will receive a free digital copy of one of Russell's recent e-book releases.