Summary: This two-day basic online course is a joint venture between IACP and Forrest "Woody" Mosten. The training provides a practical model for implementing client-centered Collaborative strategies into your profession. You will learn new ways to represent clients well while staying out of court and explore the personal and ethical dimensions of Collaborative problem-solving. Interdisciplinary practitioners will benefit from this training, including lawyers, mediators, mental health professionals, paralegals, and financial professionals.
Trainer: Forrest "Woody" Mosten
When: February 18th & 19th, 2021, from noon-3:00p (PST). Check your time zone by clicking HERE.
Location: This course is being offered online in Zoom format. Access details will be included in your confirmation receipt.
Registration: $250 for active IACP Members, $350 for non-members.
Day 1 - Thursday, February 18, 2021 - noon-3:00p (PST)
Developing Your Peacemaking Signature
- Assuring Your Paradigm Shift
- Peacemaking View of Clients and Ourselves
- Kaizen: The Commitment to Collaborative Excellence: A Daily Practice
- How Full-Time Peacemaking Can Improve Profitability
- Implementing Your Peacemaker Self-Survey
Using Interdisciplinary Collaborative Expertise to Serve Clients in Mediation
- Understanding Uni-Disciplinary, Multi-Disciplinary, and Inter-Disciplinary Perspectives
- Expanding Outcomes for Separating Parties—Using IACP Research
- The Synergy of Collaborative Practice and Mediation
- Coaching Clients in Mediation
- Use of a Disqualification Clause in Mediation
Day 2 - Friday, February 19, 2021 - noon-3:00p (PST)
Getting More Cases by Refining Your Consultations and Marketing
- Highlights of Thursday
- Using the First Meeting to More Effectively Enroll Collaborative Cases
- Talking Points for the First Client Meeting
- Informed Consent as a Practice Building Tool
- Flexible Collaborative Models to Increase Cases
- Creatively Modifying the Participation Agreement To Meet Client Needs
- Creating Your 2021 Strategic Plan
- Putting Your Peacemaker Self-Survey to Work: Highlighting Your Strategic Plan
- Redesigning Your Practice to Support Your Peacemaking
- Next Steps
TRAINING CONCLUDES: New Peacemaking Chapter in Your Practice Starts On Monday Morning
- Attendance is limited to 35 registrants
- This class is a prerequisite for our March 2-5, 2021 "Training for Trainers" course